THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Monday, December 10, 2007
Please leave a message The other day, my boss and I were lectured about turning off our cellphones.
Namely, we are NOT to do it, not at night, not on weekends or holidays, not even while at church or recharging. Those are the contact numbers given out for us.
If they are too loud, we were advised to turn them on vibrate. And we were instructed to wear them on our waist, not keep them in our purses. We are to be available 24/7/365.
OH HELL NO!
"I'm sorry, am I supposed so have a company phone? Because I don't."
No, these instructions pertain to My Own Cell.
"I'm sorry, am I supposed to be submitting my bill for the company to pay?"
No, it's MY phone, so I have to pay it.
"Um, no," I replied. "This phone is for my personal use. I have a home number that can be called instead."
No, my cell number is the most "easily accessible," therefore it will be used. Funny, but that same phone is not supposed to be used during work time, unless I am on my unpaid lunch break.
"OK, but I am advising you that it will be turned on and off as I wish and answered as I deem necessary." And despite her glare, I put it in writing.
Sometimes, I really hate the woman in charge who isn't married or dating, who has no kids or pets or family and thinks everybody should put work as #1, every moment of every day.
We are employees, not endentured servants or slaves! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
12/10/2007 11:18:00 PM