weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

It sucks to hire someone who has worked at another financial institution for 30 years and is new to another set of policies.

To say she has problems adjusting is an understatement.

She compares constantly. They NEVER worked holidays and always got full pay. And she had 4 weeks of vacation, but has none now.

What she has forgotten is that her job was DOWNSIZED. She lost her job because she was costly. Her $18/hour fulltime with all benefits? Her former employer has gone to $9.50 part-timers with NO benefits.

Sure, I still talk glowingly about working with Gusto, but I never expected to have summers and holidays off working in a business! And I've been realistic about being provided Cheezits, Diet Coke and peanut M&Ms. Not there.

And she doesn't understand the role of management. She has overstepped her bounds by reminding our manager and myself of "The Rules." Guess what? I'm management and I can bend those rules. It's MY butt.

But she thinks it's not fair.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011