weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Save the Mormons!
A few of us were chatting the other day and I posed the light-hearted question, "Where in the US would you want to live?"

The responses were fun: NYC, a ranch in Wyoming (by a gal who has never been to Wyoming and doesn't like the "cold" of Michigan, lolol) and Hawaii.

My response? Utah, specifically, Salt Lake City. The Mormons were smart to grab the state.

So, it was funny to read today's story about the beautiful state of Utah thinking it needs to change. I adored that it wasn't trendy and loved all that it offered.
I have never based a vacation on barhopping or clubbing. I have never been to NYC or LA, either.

Utah offers so much beauty, the numerous National Parks like Bryce and Zion, the Great Salt Lake, the Mormon church and even accessing the northern rim of the Grand Canyon.

(Bryce Canyon is a favorite spot for pro and amateur astronomers, since it is so dark at night and elevations exceed 8000'.)

Not to forget, seeing snow on the mountains near SLC. In freakin' July.

Hard to believe that 2 years ago today, we arrived home after that glorious vacation!


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011