weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The little things
It's been many years since I pulled 70-hour work weeks, back in my hellish hotel days.

Three of us seem to haunt the building. Working in the same building, but rarely bothering each other.

Workday, nobody would guess our relationships.

Wednesday morning, I walked into my office just before 7 a.m. On my desk was a bag with a sausage biscuit and cappucino.

During the day, I sneak little candy bars and chips into drawers. Sometimes, I find a Diet Coke next to my monitor.

Thursday night, a McDonalds cheeseburger Happy Meal magically appeared on my chair while I researched a file.

Rarely do our pranks receive verbal thanks. It's pretty much a game now.

That's why today was exceptional. NONE of us were supposed to work, but we still were all in before 8, "to get a few things out of the way." Our dailies get pushed aside because there is so much NOW stuff to deal with...NOW.

I managed to arrive first by just minutes. The other two came into my office and we laughed about our workaholism. I excused myself to finish my tasks, so they left, playfully bickering about who had to make the coffee.

Moments later, they reappeared at my door with goofy grins and their cups of java, which I had already brewed for them. "We just want you to know, these are probably the best cups of coffee we've had all week!"

It's nice to know that the world is a little better place for top dogs #1 and #3 for such a little thing as making a pot of coffee.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011