weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Anniversary
It's been 10 years.

Ten years ago, hubby, Lulu (without Lulu, my life would not be what it is today -- everything changed when she and I met -- there wouldn't have been the smart decision to keep hubby, to ditch Rob, to BELIEVE in myself), Nina and several other VIPs walked into the 2nd story courtroom. My support system.

They met Satan for the first time.

We walked out with my scared little girl, who carried a tiny suitcase of her stuff. She met her future daddy that day. And my daughter wasn't so scared anymore. She had him wrapped around her little finger by the time we got in the car.

Even more-so today.

That beautiful afternoon, the 3 of us ate lunch at the mall and took pictures in the photo booth, before heading back to Lulu's house for a small IT'S A FAMILY party. Then, Munchkin and I drove to our house for the night, while hubby rented a huge moving truck.

Lulu, Nina, hubby and his brother had to be at my parents house the next morning at 6 a.m. My parents wanted ALL of Munchkin's stuff GONE, so they loaded it up. I was barred. My parents somehow believed I was NEVER going to let them see Munchkin again. Because THEIR lawyer said so.

Instead, I let Munchkin call them. And 2 weeks later, my parents had her for the day. Two weeks ago, she spent Spring Break with them.

It's been rocky over the years with my parents, of course. Fortunately, Munchkin has adjusted quite well. She is loved and adored and truly the center of my world. She KNOWS it.

Ten years ago today.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011