THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, December 25, 2005
"When in Rome..." Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!
The family festivities are done here. Eveyone is gone, except hubby, stepson and me.
Everyone showed up, my parents and my sister, her hubby and 2 girls. Everyone ate and ate and ate. And chatted. The guys took the family room, complete with roaring fire.
Us gals sat in the living room.
Yep, Big Sis was surprised I didn't live in The Ghetto and remarked our neighborhood seemed nice. Her hubby, according to my hubby and stepson, was truly awed by our house and pole barn. And the toys (project cars, a working skidsteer, snowmobiles, etc.) out back. And our super cool neighbors with whom our kids have lawn tractor races.
Big Sis held her compliment about our house til she was walking out the door, "This is a nice enough house, but you sure didn't show us much." Nope, they didn't get The Grand Tour of our BEDROOM AND BATHROOM AND WALK-THRU CLOSET and my retreat or hubby's office, but they saw the rest of the house.
Maybe she wanted to check out my bathroom cabinets? She didn't seem offended that I didn't show her the inside of my dishwasher.
I bet she'd have been PO'd if she'd seen inside my cupboards, the crystal stemware and sets of fine china. My mother warned me.
It still went very well. My dad, especially, enjoyed his time in our home. He said I'm a great hostess, lots of great food. It means a lot because my dad generally eats enough to be polite and leaves quickly. At my house, he refills his plates until he blames me for his pot belly and enjoys the recliners and conversations.
As for my inlaws, I thought their party was normal this year. No more costume parties!
I was WRONG!
There WAS a theme. I thought it was a clever joke, directed toward us for staying away. Oh well.
I just didn't think it was REALLY their party for Christmas.
The theme was "When in Rome..." THEY WORE TOGAS! On my lucky stars, my eyesight has not imploded upon the sight of my father-in-law in his bedsheet. And we saved our children from that visual.
You know, Halloween at Christmas was even more tacky than when I called my mom last night at 8:30 and my dad hollered for her to tell me that Santa was over Europe and the Virgin Mary was dilated to a 7.