THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Monday, November 28, 2005
Weekend warriors Since I had to work The Day After Thanksgiving, which broke numerous traditions, it was agreed upon that Saturday, my day off, would be Our Big Shopping Trip.
Munchkin and I drove over to pick up my mom and immediately started contributing to the economy. Never hitting a real mall.
We went to the Salvation Army first, since I am in desperate need of fluffy and soft turtlenecks and sweaters. For work, of course. For less than $30, I bought 4 sweaters, a pair of navy blue Liz Claiborne dress slacks and a CD. Munchkin picked out a cute miniskirt, high-heeled pink sneakers and two short-sleeved shirts.
We drove around our old stomping ground, commenting on all the changes, before finding a Panera for lunch. (Not sure what is up lately, Gusto, but they haven't had broc/chez soup, so it's been French onion, instead.) Lots of jokes were made about the Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins combo that is directly across the street from the house where I grew up.
While at Target and Kmart, my mom kept buying me anything that caught my eye. She bought me the snowman ornies by Martha and these cute dusty blue snowflake mini-glass bulbs. And a small roaster pan with the lid. And pretty cream-colored fleece jammies.
I also picked up a few decorations for work, like stockings, plus a few gifts for hubby and my stepson. We had a blast and arrived back at their house about 5:30ish. After chatting with my dad and stuffing ourselves on tamales and homemade pumpkin pie, Munchkin and I left around 7 p.m.
On our way home, we stopped at another Kmart (I forgot to pick up the boots they had on sale) and SuperWalmart. Munchkin took it upon herself to buy my birthday present without telling me...the Ultimate Dirty Dancing CD. She used her allowance for the surprise. Only after, did we see the Smoothie Machine, which was promptly placed in the cart.
Then we headed home to sleep off the "strenuous" day. It brought a huge smile to my heart when Munchkin said, "Mom, I really love hanging out with you and Nana. Us girls always have so much fun together!"
It's not what we bought her, not the clothes or Starbucks, it's the memories we built today that she's going to remember. Three generations just out laughing and chatting and spending time together. That's what she will pass onto her children.