THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, November 06, 2005
Sunday snippits I managed to sleep in this morning. Neeko HAD to go out at 7, and despite the gusting winds, he flopped down for a nap on the patio, and I snuck back into bed (and 3 kitties) for nearly 2 hours.
1. The terrible tornado that struck Indiana early this morning and killed at least 15 is something that we've discussed in our home many times. Sure, I'm a light sleeper and would probably hear the siren a block away, but at 2 a.m., I wouldn't be so cocky as to guarantee it.
Of course, people try to reassure us that we would hear it coming, "it sounds like a freight train." Huh. That means we are even LESS likely to pay a whit of attention to it. In case it's been forgotten, we live directly across the street from active train tracks.
Should the need arise, I'm hoping our 5 cats and Neeko freak out with their 6th sense. It's probably our best warning at 2 a.m.
2. Hubby is heading out-of-town for his annual hunting trip from Saturday until my birthday, so Munchkin and I are already planning next weekend. Friday night, we hope to attend a high school football game. No kidding! My alma mater is up against a local team for the semifinals.
3. Along the lines of next weekend, we plan to hit a few craft sales for some Christmas shopping. Two majors are already finished, my mom and hubby's dad. Munchkin recently discovered a DVD she never gave to her dad, so he is done on her list. Plus, I have a bunch of presents for Munchkin that she never got for her birthday.
Munchkin has requested that we spend Sunday afternoon at our favorite consignment shop so she can buy me a special birthday gift. The kid knows me well!