THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
The cost of war vs. a postage stamp Oh, the complaints I heard yesterday about postage stamps going up next year! People who don't give 2 seconds of thought about our govt waging a $4.3 billion per month war have knotted panties over a 2-cent increase to send a bill payment.
Boy, I remember when my patriotism was called into question for NOT "supporting" the war in Iraq from its first invasion. Now, those same Americans have jumped over to MY side.
Remember back in 2002 when the war in Iraq was SUPPOSED to be just $11-13 Billion?
I'm not sure if it was good or bad that in 2003, the White House downplayed a $50-60 Billion estimate for the war in Iraq.
And as of January of this year, nearly a year ago, the price tag had risen to nearly $300 Billion, with EACH MONTH since then adding an approximate $4.3 Billion.
The last time the cost of mailing a letter was raised was 2002, just 3 cents. For those without a calculator, that's not even a penny per year.
Yep, people, suck up the BILLIONS of dollars that have been wasted by waging a war in Iraq FOR WHAT?!!? And then, biatch about the cost of a damn postage stamp!