weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Today is my "day off"
Several of my younger coworkers attend college and honestly, I don't know how they will survive real life when they have to work FULL-TIME.

There is a 20something gal who works 2-3 days a week and attends 2 classes, she lives with her parents and doesn't have kids or even pets. As we were leaving last night and everyone was telling me to have a good day off, she said, "It must be nice to have a DAY OFF!"

A day off? I have already vacuumed the house, changed all the litter boxes, swept 'n hand-washed the kitchen floor and completed 2 loads of laundry. And it's not even 8 a.m.!

Plus, my dog is antsy to go for a walk, but we have to wait until the post office opens. This afternoon, I have errands for hubby and gotta get Munchkin from school.

It annoys me when people use that guilt trip, "It must be nice to..."
Like, "It must be nice to afford that vacation! I never get anything that good." But if you think about it, the person is bragging about buying new stuff and taking "long weekends." What they don't realize is that they should evaluate their own lives.

Like, "It must be nice to have the time to exercise each day!" But I get up HOURS EARLIER than I absolutely need for work and instead of watching TV or movies, I take my dog for a walk.

Like, "It must be nice to have a day off! I have to work all the time, go to school, etc." But those are choices that the person has made. Got a car payment, credit card bills, etc.? YOU CREATED THOSE! Please don't try to guilt trip me because of your choices. Believe me, I have a family to take care of and plenty of responsibilities.

My divorced 30something girlfriend, who works full-time and has a dog, is taking a college course after work each Monday. There hasn't been a whimper of "poor me" from her, though! And she even has to wash her own laundry.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011