THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, October 09, 2005
Why does it seem like fewer and fewer drivers follow the rules about a 4-way stop?
For example, in the last few weeks, I have repeatedly noticed a guy in a red pickup at my first 4-way stop who slows down, but doesn't come to a stop.
Instead, he ACCELERATES when everyone else is stopping. It's like, "Hey, seeing as y'all are stopped, I'll just GO!"
Have you ever noticed how awful people drive their carts in the 24-hour grocery store aisles, like SuperWalmart and Meijers? I am simply amazed at how many women will leave their cart in the middle of an aisle, then walk up and down it. Move the buggy out of the way and suddenly, they are all possessive and defensive, like I just asked their weight and birthdate. During their glowers and mumbles, I just smile.
I don't know how many times I have been tempted to start SHOPPING out of an "abandoned" cart. That might be a fun thing to do, kinda like talking with a southern accent all day or rhyming everything. It's not stealing because the items aren't yet paid for, right? And maybe the Supreme Court garbage ruling kinda applies here, too, right?
Of course, that might be rude, so maybe I should stick with my fun idea of assisting the busy gals with their shopping? Maybe toss in their cart in a bottle of Astroglide or box of Abreva.
I still follow the rules of common courtesy. But I can still have a few "evil" thoughts, right? Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
10/09/2005 09:01:00 PM