THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Thursday, October 27, 2005
See ID Now that I work in A Financial Institution, I feel the need to "edumacate" a few of the finer, but lesser-known facts of the money world.
Or plastic world, in this case.
Please sign the back of your credit/debit cards. DO NOT WRITE, "SEE ID."
Most people do not read the fine print of a credit card contract, but within the wordiness is you MUST sign it with your name.
Otherwise, let me tell you, if it is lost or stolen and there is fraud involved, YOU WILL BE LIABLE. And with credit card fraud on the increase, it's in the billions now, companies are looking for ANY way to get out of paying.
When you report it to the company, don't try to lie, either. What some of the Big Guys are doing is requesting to see a driver's license/state ID AND another CC while doing the report. If they see that CC has "See ID" instead of a signature, they may code the stolen card as "Confiscate, call number on back of card immediately."
And if it is used after that flag goes out, the CC company will be able to find out what was actually on the back of the card.
The whole liable for nothing or up to $50 will NOT apply if you have violated the agreement by not signing your card.
Of course, this is the Internet and I could be full of it, so if you don't believe me, just call your CC company. Or actually READ the fine print of a CC disclosure. It's that easy, I bet there is one in your mailbox today!