weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Walking on Sunshine has another birthday!
Today, WOS is 4 years old!

Thanks to Gusto, I started when blogging was still relatively new. It never crossed my mind to try to portray myself as Pollyanna with a diary or write, "How I spent my summer" essays. Instead, I decided to talk HONESTLY about this-n-that: news, religion, work, vacations and family, give tips and share my personal insight on adoption/addictions/abuse/etc. I didn't want to angle it toward newsy-news or make it just about me-mes. What works for others doesn't work for me.

WOS is eclectic: silly at times, snarky at others. Just like real life. This is MY train, I get the cute conductor hat and y'all are along for the ride, complete with unexpected bumps, sudden stops and annoying whistles.

Blogging is my own type of therapy, no drugs or appts necessary. Not even an insurance card.

Every once in a while, WOS must take a backseat in my life, and I give myself breaks from logging into Blogger.com, who has been there since WOS's beginning (because I couldn't get GreyMatter to work. It's true.)

And the horrible events of Sept. 11, 2001, kickstarted my very first post:

Tuesday, September 11, 2001
"The city that never sleeps."

Until today, that is how most people described New York City. Now, it will forever be known as the city that came through the worst act of terrorism in the entire world. New York stopped today, much like the dinosaurs after the supposed meteor that hit Earth millions of years ago and wiped them out.

Right now, we don't have faces to put with the victims, but that reality is probably just a sunrise away. The media has been kind and respectful, how TV hosts held up on camera, I do not know. I could not and I admit it. Simba saw most of my tears today and even though he didn't understand them, he allowed himself to be a shoulder to cry on. I cried for the many victims and their families, this is a hell I could never imagine. And I cried selfishly because *I* was relieved that my family was safe.

It is scary to not know EXACTLY who is responsible. I wish this person(s) would accept responsibility, so we can deal with the situation. How much more had he/she planned? I admire the FAA for their quick response. It probably saved many many lives.

New York will still be known as "the city that never sleeps." Is that because they now fear sleep?


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011