THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Thursday, November 04, 2004
Voting drama My mother told me that my sister supposedly had trouble at her polling place. She claimed to my mother that they gave her *2* ballots that were accidentally stuck together and nobody realized it until she went to put it into the scanner.
So, she went back to the ballot-giving lady and they gave her a new ballot to fill out (mark the dots, font and back of paper.) End of story.
It doesn't exactly take Encyclopedia Brown to realize my sister is lying, but WHY would she lie is another question for another day.
My mother was surprised when I called my sister a liar about the entire episode, so I proceeded to defend my stance.
1. ALL BALLOTS ARE NUMBERED! If my sister was given *2* ballots, the ENTIRE process would have been completely off. There are a number of checks and balances. When I checked in and received my ballot, I was #21 and my name was written in the book next to #21. Then, my #21 ballot sticker was placed next to my name. Checks and balances.
What supposedly happened to my sister would have shut down the ENTIRE poll for at least a few minutes. Think about it...THERE WAS A BALLOT MISSING! Everyone knows that is HUGE, as in Potential Ballot Tampering.
As the very least, all the people after her would have been wrongly numbered and probably would have needed new ballots, too.
2. No one reported the irregularity. Believe me, the local papers around here are BEGGING for knowledge of incidents like hers.
3. Why would she get a NEW ballot, making that #3? She could have easily kept one of them and just finished the other side.
With her lack of knowledge about the entire procedure, I have to wonder if my sister has EVER even voted! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
11/04/2004 02:07:00 PM