weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

TV on DVD: The 80s just ain't music anymore, kids!
Munchkin and I enjoyed our Girlz Day Out, even venturing into Circuit City. We skipped the mall because it was just too damn busy, spending an hour in Borders reading and sipping hot chocolate, instead.

Standing in the "TV series" DVD section at Circuit City, I saw that they have "Mork & Mindy" - Season 1 on DVD now and even "Punky Brewster"!

Tonight, I read an AP story that The Golden Girls is coming out on DVD. I adored that show; IMHO, it was The Supreme Woman Friendship show on TV. There was so much honesty in how important friends are ALL the time, not just for lunches or parties or the tough times.

And as a teenager, I swore that I would have friends like that in my adult years. The 4 actresses -- Bea "Dorothy" Arthur, Betty "Rose" White, Rue "Blanche" McClanahan and Estelle "Sophia/Mom" Getty -- even got along OFF set!

It was sad to read the stories this evening and find out that Estelle Getty (who played the Bea Arthur's fiesty mother) has Parkinsons Disease and evidently, dementia (Alzheimers?) Ironically, Estelle played the OLDEST woman on the show, but in real life, she is 3rd oldest, with only "Blanche" being younger!

According to IMDB.com:
Bea Arthur: May 13, 1923;
Betty White: Jan. 17, 1922;
Rue McClanahan: Feb. 21, 1934;
Estelle Getty: July 25, 1923.

As I get older, I hope to live in the spirit of "The Golden Girls" and be just as stunning and vivacious with my girlfriends, Lulu and Gusto! My sweet, but screwy husband is already fitting the mold of "Grumpy Old Men." teehee


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011