weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Trivia: Walmart's 10-foot rule
Did you know that Walmart has a 10-foot rule? Yep, if you are within 10 feet of an employee, they are supposedly to greet you and smile.

I have been going to Walmart for YEARS now and have NEVER had this happen! Heck, the "front greeters" and CASHIERS rarely speak to customers!

Anyway, I have noticed that my trips to WalMart have dramatically been reduced since our vacation this past summer. Honestly, I was SICK of Super Walmart and went in just for Wyler's Pink Lemonade when we were picking up my stepson.

In honor of the shopping season, let's play a quick game of
"Where I Shop (for this):"
1. Meat -
2. Shampoo -
3. Shirt -
4. Hair accessories -
5. Pet supplies -
6. DVDs/CDs -
7. Envelopes -
8. Gasoline -
9. Gift for someone hard to buy for -
10. Name 1 store that you actively AVOID -

My answers:
1. Meat - the little meat market/party store down the road
2. Shampoo - Dollar General
3. Shirt - Salvation Army
4. Hair accessories - Dollar Tree
5. Pet supplies - Pet Supplies Plus
6. DVDs/CDs - Half.com
7. Envelopes/paper - Office Depot
8. Gasoline - Speedway
9. Gift for someone hard to buy for - Consignment shop
10. Name 1 store that you actively AVOID - Meijer. The shoppers are rude (always get run into with a cart pushed by a 5-year-old), the selection is nil a day into their "sale" and they rarely have more than 3 registers with cashiers open. Meijer employees actively "direct" people into their U-SCAN lines. Pretty easy to do, since they never open an Express Lane (like 12 items or less.) I much prefer Spartan stores.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011