THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
On the run (AKA: No compassion for complete morons) Last Friday afternoon, a crotch-rocket-type motorcycle crashed & flipped in the empty lot next door to us. From my retreat window, I saw that the man wasn't moving and there were other guys there, so I called out, "Do you want me to call 911?"
"Yes, he's not moving!" So, I grabbed my cordless, punched in 911 and headed outside. His helmet was broken and about 30 feet from where he was laying.
Suddenly, the guy was frantically trying to get up. After 5 rings, the 911 operator came on and I described what was happened, while hollering at the other guys to NOT touch him...neck injury, closed-head injury, etc.
While I was busy with the operator, the two helpers started pulling the embedded bike out of the ditch. The injured guy wasn't able to stand on his own, but they helped sit him on the wrecked machine. He drove off, WITHOUT A HELMET, nearly putting the bike down 3 times in less than 1000 feet. Pieces were falling off as he went down the road.
The 911 operator was quite annoyed with me for calling when the guy didn't need an ambulance and he was NOT required to make an accident report. I begged her to notify the police in the surrounding townships and she said, "No, it's going to the Sheriff and they will decide." I argued with her that he was NOT moving when I dialed and was told to call by witnesses. Plus, he was breaking the law (no helmet) and could kill someone else in his condition, the way he was driving!
After getting off the phone with her, I hollered at the morons who helped him. One just left. The other lives right down the street from me and said he didn't know WHY the guy freaked out about an ambulance coming, but the injured guy said, "I gotta get out of here!"
I told him he was stupid for helping because now, that guy might kill someone. Guess what? He never thought about that. I promised that if I heard anything of the sort, I was going to make sure HIS name was brought into it...pulling the flipped bike out of the muddy ditch and putting him on the bike to ride away, WITHOUT A HELMET! Then, he looked scared. He didn't think the guy was drunk...drugs, don't know. He left scared shitless. MORON!
I came back in the house, grabbed my camera and took pics. The bike had gone off the road in my nice neighbor's ditch, continued through our ENTIRE ditch, even crossing over our driveway and culvert and finally crashed after passing over the easement culvert of the vacant lot. I would put it at 200 ft. Plus, the guy was traveling on the WRONG side of the road.
Since it was not an accident scene, I picked up the visibly-thrown helmet, so passing motorists wouldn't see it and freak out. And have MORE accidents. Or jerks cutting thru the easement wouldn't steal it. The helmet was placed on my patio table. I went back inside and chatted with Gusto on IM and hubby on the Nextel.
The next morning, a guy walked up our driveway, while hubby and I were moving the camper. He said his brother had been in a motorcycle accident next door and asked if we might have the helmet? I gave it to him and asked if his brother had killed anyone after he left. His eyes got wide. "No, but he's in the hospital for a while."
"That's good. I'm glad no one else was injured from his stupidity. So, what was he running from...warrants? No licensed to be driving? Was he stoned?"
The brother got a bit edgy. "I don't know why he ran. He was stupid."
"Want me to call our police and you can file a police report for him now? I have pictures you can use. The police officer lives just in town and I can get him over in a few minutes. I'm sure your brother will need a report for the insurance."
"No, it's no problem. He don't need one." And he was scared.
Hubby tried to be nice. "Is your brother going to be OK? That looked like a pretty bad crash, his helmet musta flew right off. I took a bad fall years ago on my bike, so I know how bad they can be."
"He's got a concussion and his shoulders are all broken up. He's pretty out of it right now."
"I'm just glad he didn't put anyone else out of it after he left. He was in NO condition to be driving and probably hurt himself more by moving!" I walked back into the camper, while hubby wished the guy well.
The brother spent at least 10 minutes walking up and down the ditch, picking up broken pieces. And, for another 20 or so, he was hunched over, almost INSPECTING it inch-by-inch. Rather odd. Hubby said, "Maybe the guy lost something small." That's funny, because the brother never mentioned it with the helmet or came back up to ask, even after I went in the house and hubby was outside alone.
Monday, I saw a two guys walking thru the ditches on our side of the road (at different times), but wrote it off. Yesterday, I there was a GROUP of *7* guys, on their hands and knees at times, going thru the ditches.
Methinks something major has been lost and hubby agreed, it must be of the ILLEGAL variety. That would explain the worry of police involvement. What a freakin' moron! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
11/10/2004 08:43:00 AM