THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
Title I admit to listening to last night's VP debate on NPR.
When VP Cheney made his snarky comment, "the first time I ever met you is when we walked on the stage tonight," I knew it would be moments before Farkers posted whether it was truth or fiction.
FICTION!
Now, Republicans are trying to backtrack the faux pas and say Cheney actually meant that John Edwards hasn't made an impression as a Senator. Yawn.
Nope, VP Cheney just LIED and about something so easily uncovered, for crying out loud!
Or, on a much scarier note...maybe VP Cheney did NOT lie. Maybe he truthfully cannot remember meeting Senator Edwards. Maybe we need to worry about another man in the White House with Alzheimers? I am NOT joking, either. Or making light of the situation. Looking back at Reagan's last term, many people have 20/20 hindsight.
Wonder what would happen if VP Cheney repeats the remark at the NEXT debate?
*** I do want to admit that when I heard Cheney's statement, my first thought was, "Dang, they need to let him (VP Cheney) out more often!" Honestly, isn't he stowed away in Air Force 2 most of the time? *** Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
10/06/2004 06:43:00 AM