weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Monday, October 18, 2004

O'Reilly goes Clinton
By now, pretty much the entire US population who reads, listens to the radio or watches TV knows about the Bill O'Reilly scandal.

Now, I'm not such a prude that I am outraged over EVERY instance of sexual harrassment. In some instances, I know that some people make it out to be worse than it really is, especially when money will be involved. On the other hand, there are times that getting reported is a necessary comeuppance!

Before Gusto, I worked at company that had 3 male owners, one of whom was reminiscent of Lou Costello, quite a joker and clown. His favorite gigs were mooning his employees and telling dirty jokes. He never crossed the line of touching or making personal sexual comments to us, but it was still hilarious to see such a staunch, married, known Republican who sent his kids to Catholic school and volunteered with the sheriff dept., being so stupid.

Even then, I knew his hijinks could get him in LOTS of trouble, but most of us just treated him like the class clown, exceptions to this were the female office manager and one other owner (the 3rd owner was a drunk holed up at a different location.) He completely exasperated them! Which often made the silliness even more hilarious!

Unfortunately for O'Reilly, he wasn't smart about joking around. He took it TOO far with the wrong person. Irony at its finest. O'Reilly pulled a Clinton!

** Today's "WOW, LOOKIE HERE" goes to Lulu...I found this hilarious column on the whole thing. (No kidding, Matt Drudge is really gay? I thought that rumor was just FARK trolling.) **


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011