THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, July 25, 2004
Seeing Lulu and tidbits from The Vacation We are leaving in a few minutes to head down to have dinner with Lulu and her family. I can't believe it has been more than 2 years since we last saw each other!
Couple of interesting notes about The Vacation:
1. I used 76 postcard stamps.
2. We have 28 shotglasses, but I think there are a few hidden in the camper.
3. While in Vegas, we walked from the Circus Circus KOA to the M&M Store. I looked it up on Mapquest and it is 3.08 miles each way. We walked from the KOA to the Bellagio (twice for Munchkin and me, just once for hubby and SS), which is 2.27 miles. Not bad exercise!
4. I called my mother from Mall of America and she said she had called her mother and brother to let them know that I was coming to town and might be paying them a visit. Not only did we NOT see them, but I never even called them! We did take the time to see both of hubby's cousins while in Minnesota.
5. During my call to my mother, I found out that BOTH of my grandfathers are buried in Fort Snelling National Cemetery. FSNC is kiddie-corner from Mall of America and HUGE, so the next morning, I got up early and drove over to take pictures of their graves. My mother pointed out that I would be the first child in my family to ever visit the graves. How sad, since my paternal grandfather died in 1963.
Day 19, July 12 -- Went to Antelope Island at The Great Salt Lake, then took a carriage ride through downtown SLC.
Day 20, July 13 -- Drove up to The Grand Tetons, passing through Idaho on the way.
Day 21, July 14 -- Toured Jackson (Hole), drove around the Grand Tetons and went up into Yellowstone Nat'l Park to see Old Faithful. (my pics of moose, elk and gorgeous rainbow coming soon!)
Day 22, July 15 -- Left Grand Tetons, drove into Yellowstone to see more of the park and headed east to Cody, Wy. (my pics of bear and bison coming soon!)
Day 23, July 16 -- Left Spearfish, S.D. and went thru Deadwood and got a beautiful site at the Mt. Rushmore KOA. We watched Mt. Rushmore being lit up at dusk.
Day 24, July 17 -- Stayed another night at Mt. Rushmore KOA, so we toured Custer State Park, Keystone and did Bear Country.
Day 25, July 18 -- Left Mt. Rushmore, went thru the Badlands, stopped at Wall Drug and decided to get as close to Minneapolis as possible. We stopped just north of Mankato, Minn. about 11:30 p.m.
Day 26, July 19 -- Drove up to Minneapolis, found a campground nearby and spent the afternoon at Mall of America, then Cousin Barb and her daughter came by for a few hours.
Day 27, July 20 -- Left Minneapolis and went up to Moose Lake to stay at Cousin Betty's house, with a jaunt to Duluth in the late afternoon.
Day 28, July 21 -- Left Moose Lake and drove into Michigan, arriving at my inlaws at 11:15 p.m.
Day 29, July 22 -- Visited with Mom and Dad and some of the kids.
Day 30, July 23 -- Got home about 12:30 p.m. Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
7/25/2004 02:21:00 PM