weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Lulu and Sunshine meeting, Part Deux
Since I posted the pics first, I thought I'd let Lulu write the first account of The Meeting Of The Families.

NOTE: No children were injured in the making of this meeting.

We agreed to meet at Boston Market in Dearborn. Since there would be 9 of us, I was hesitant to go to a "serving" restaurant for several reasons. Here, restaurants are not keen on letting one party take up TWO separated tables. Plus, many feel the need to automatically "add on the 20% gratuity" for more than 6 people.

Of course, we brought along Neeko and while waiting for Lulu and co. to arrive, I took him for a short walk. Three people leaving the restaurant came up to us ("How beautiful!" and "What kind of dog is he?") and Neeko was loving the attention! Nobody believed we had just gotten him the day before!

We left our smilin' sam in the Excursion while we went inside to eat with plastic cutlery. teehee Neeko was able to watch us through the glass windows and to our amusement, he took turns sitting in the front seats.

After we got through our dinner (or DINNERS, for my hubby), we drove back to the hotel room, so the kids could go swimming. Yep, we stayed upstairs and chatted. And chatted. I think us adults all got along OK. teehee (PEM is now able to personally confirm that I'm a complete moron, lolol!) Actually, PEM is quite a nice guy, a pleasure to meet and ranks high since this is Lulu's first non-obligatory visit to Michigan since leaving in 1997. Sure, she's been back since, but for our wedding and a funeral.

I was thrilled that Lulu placed US so high on her To-Do list!

Anyway, as lulu stated, when we got down to the pool, the kids were NOT thrilled To Be Watched.

Our kids got along GREAT! Even my stepson joined in (with a little "prodding" from my husband at Boston Market) and when we finally went upstairs, the kids had ice cream cones to end the evening. We were busy snapping pics, the kids were exchanging e-mails and I was trying to delay the end. Sure, it was 10 p.m. and hubby had to be up for work at 4 a.m., but *I* could drive home and he could sleep, right?

Well, hugs and kisses were given 'round, then we left.

And I sniffled as we hit Ford Road.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011