weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

A bit more about our trip
When we left, we kept passing convoys of Airstream trailers heading east on I-69. I just read that there WAS an Airstream convention held in Lansing June 25 thru July 4.

As we came into Fort Wayne, I made hubby show my SS where they used to live and where hubby used to work. We even stopped at a Meijer there and ate lunch in the camper.

Funniest part of the first day? While planning our trip, we didn't realize we would be traversing thru Illinois, THEN Missouri.

"Did that sign say, 'Welcome to Illinois?'"
"Yep, I think we must have taken a wrong turn." Looked at map. "Nope, duh. Woohoo! Add another state to the list!"
"Well, how far is this going to put us out of the way?"
"It's NOT. This IS the way."
Of course, I had to show my husband the map.

Right then, Day 1, I should have learned The Lesson, as I was The Navigator. My husband, who doesn't plan his routes or watch the Interstate signs well, positively sucks at believing The Navigator.

When I drove, as I did PLENTY, hubby watched movies in the back seat with SS and Munchkin rode up front with me. She was my Navigator. She will admit that I never got lost, took a wrong turn or became cross.

And she learned The Power of Holding The Map.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011