weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

When being bad is being good
About 6:45 this morning, Munchkin came into our bathroom and brushed her teeth in my sink, while I used Hubby's sink for the same chore.

Dakota, our favorite kitty, walked in and was greeted with, "Hi, Dakota-boy!"

My grey fleece robe was laying on the floor btwn Munchkin and me and he stopped on it. Glancing down, I realized he was in his pee position.

"DAKOTA! What are you doing?!!?" In my astonishment, I didn't holler this in an angry tone.

Then it hit me: uh-oh.

Sure enough, he didn't flinch. Instead, he stared right at me.

Uh-oh.

Moments later, Dakota slowly moved off my robe. And I saw the little pools of blood. U-T-I (urinary tract infection)

Munchkin immediately helped me secure our bedroom suite. The litter boxes, water dishes and other kitties were moved to the family room. Dakota, who seemed fine just two hours earlier, relaxed enough to lay down, so I called Gusto to let her know I would be late. She completely understood A Trip To The Vet was necessary.

Munchkin caught the bus and I comforted Dakota: wet food, fresh water and lotsa lovin'. This cat is SO good, he will even use a litter box sans litter (which meant I had a bloody urine sample to show Doc.)

I thanked Dakota for being bad. It probably saved his life!

P.S. Nearly 12 hours later, Dakota is his playful and sweet self after 2 doses of his Amoxicillin and a can of IVD Feline Dissolution Formula in Gravy. woohoo!


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011