weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

What do you say?
The other day, my mother told me that the gal who lived next to us when I was pregnant is dying from cervical cancer.

Although she was 3 years older, Angie and I were really good friends. We even worked together every Saturday at the pharmacy in town and we hung out occasionally.

In fact, she met her husband when we dragged prim and proper Margaret over to Canada one night. He and his friends bought our table a round of drinks, but since I was driving, vivacious Angie helped herself to mine while I nursed a Diet Coke. Then, he bought her roses.

Shortly after, I found out I was pregnant with Munchkin. Angie was in the throes of dating her new love, and of course, our paths forked.

As I type this, I am trying to come up with a nice way to contact her. It has been nearly a dozen years since we last spoke! Now, Angie has children...and she's dying.

I have a pretty, blank-inside card. I have cards with sentiments.

Dear God, what to say?


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011