THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Friday, May 14, 2004
Still not on the map I received a distressed call from my mother this evening about 10:15.
My psycho sister had just phoned her to say she heard on the news that a tornado tore through my little town.
I assured my mother that nothing of the sort happened (or even came close!) and everything was fine. I teased how our town NEVER makes the news. Her panic subsided and I started making jokes.
"Hey, tell K.C. that she isn't getting her grubbies on my ruby slippers just yet!"
"With our luck, our town will only get ON a map if it gets a tornado to blow it OFF the map!"
Without sarcasm, I asked my mother to tell my sister "thank you" for her concern. It actually had a bit of sincerity, too. Odd as it sounds, I know it will PO my sister if she thinks I may portray her actions as caring.
I won't repeat what my mother said SHE wants to tell my sister for nearly giving her a heart attack!
(The newscast was repeated at 11 p.m. and it did NOT contain anything close to a reference to my little town or area. Must have been the voices in her head!) Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
5/14/2004 11:48:00 PM