weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Stickin' around Dodge...
Last night, my husband took me to his new chiropractor. He said it would help him take his mind off his back pain, so I let him drive my Jeep, "my girl."

WHY DO I DO THAT?!!?

After my impressive solo performance of "Snap Crackle Pop!", we headed to the grocery store a few blocks away to expand his meager dinner choices. Men just don't understand that a batch of brownies CAN be a fulfilling meal.

Five bags later, we walked back to my Jeep and I noticed one tire looked low. Due to my husband's gimpness, I forgot to gauge it when we got home.

This morning, it was flat. COMPLETELY flat. Less-than-10#-of-air-so-I-ain't-going-anywhere-FLAT.

Sigh..."my girl" NEVER comes away unscathed when I let him sit behind her wheel. Their relationship is like Wyle E. Coyote and Roadrunner. And he is NOT Roadrunner!

Of course, my husband drove his Excursion to work. And he also took the keys to his Subaru, too. And I don't have a motorcycle license. (The van isn't currently insured, so that's not an option.)

Via Nextel, my husband suggested I use our air compressor to refill the tire. "Maybe it's a slow leak." Funny, EVERYBODY knows I'm pretty obsessive about gas mileage...and she's been just dandy. Still, I sincerely tried, but darn compressor hates everybody!

Just for kicks, I checked the tire. LA LA LA.

"Hey, honey, I'M A GENIUS! I know what's wrong with my tire!"

"Oh, realllllly? Besides it's losing air, what's wrong with your tire?" He's easily amused by my mechanical theories, which tend to be quite pathetic.

"My tire tread is now accessorized with a large, shiny silver bolt." HA! Take that mechanic-boy!

"No kidding! Glad you don't have to go anywhere today. I'll plug it when I get home tonight."

"Actually, I do need to get the hell-outta-Dodge, buddy-boy," LONG PAUSE, "but I planned on walking to the post office anyway!"


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011