weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Sunday, May 02, 2004

My job
The Port Huron Times Herald came up with a new weekly feature: I Love My Job. Sounds pretty interesting!
Name: "Sunshine"
Age: 33
Residence: Michigan
Job: Personal assistant to an incredibly freelance journalist
So, what do you do? What's a typical day like? Making/taking calls, eating peanut M&Ms, Internet research, chugging Diet Coke, brainstorming, ordering up lunch, typing/coding, gossiping, etc. Of course, it can change at a moment's notice and we just go with the flow.
What kind of training or education did you need? Strong communication skills and the ability to go with the flow.
What don't people understand about your job? Most people fail to comprehend that just because my boss has a disability does NOT mean I am her "caretaker" or nurse.
What do you like most about your job? My kind, patient, understanding and amazingly intelligent boss. If I didn't love her so much and find my job fulfilling, the 50-mile commute each way would have ended things in 2000.
It can't be all fun, so what would you change about your job? I hate it when Gusto's Dad finds it necessary that we hear Rush and Dr. Laura's ramblings on the radio down the hall! lolol
OK, fill-in-the-blank time. If I weren't a ___, I'd be a ___.
If I weren't a personal assistant, I'd be a dog walker.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011