THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, May 09, 2004
Mother's Day Hubby, Munchkin and I drove over to my parents for the day. Surprisingly, My sister didn't bother to visit my mother today. My mother never heard from either of my brothers. No call, no card, nothing.
We had gifts for my mother and took my parents out for a NICE dinner.
Where?
Ironically, it was at the same restaurant where, nearly 6 years ago, the saga of "My Parents Are Out Of Our Lives" began. Where my sister tried to fight me because I adhered to my dad's wishes that Munchkin NOT spend the night at their house.
It was silently symbolic.
Ah, now about The Gifts.
I bought my mother some Mexican-themed kitchen towels with matching hotpads, Wyler's Light Pink Lemonade, "Glorious Appearing" and a silly card (my mother laughed that it will PO my sister immensely.) My husband INSISTED on buying my mother a hanging plant, so we stopped at a little local nursery and he bought her a gorgeous hanging fuschia. She loved it!
And we all got hugs from my mother as we left this evening. Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
5/09/2004 10:26:00 PM