THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, May 23, 2004
Adopted once more Last evening, just before the storms started rolling through again, our family was outside doing various tasks. I was setting up the camper for our trip North this weekend for my nephew's graduation.
I heard my husband say, "Go see momma, she likes puppies!"
Oh, I thought, Cookie must be visiting! Cookie is the silly dog from next door.
I walked down the steps to find a large chocolate lab wagging his tail at me. He wore a collar, but it didn't have any tags.
Immediately, he was given food and water, but he wasn't interested in the food.
The rain began to pour down, so we took him inside, where he lay down and slept well. He isn't bothered by cats, he doesn't even try to chase them. Like Simba, he will even share his food without growling! Unlike Simba, he didn't freak out over the storms.
The cats, except Schnotz, are wary of him. Princess isn't as bad as the rest of my 'fraidy cats. Still, they seem to accept him more than they ever did Juno.
We are going to do our best to find his rightful owner, just like we did with Bianca years ago. He's a very well-trained, friendly dog and doesn't seem like he is a runner.
Thing is, he seems darn happy. But what dog isn't with fresh water and food?