weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Always the mama
Last Thursday night, Princess' left eye developed goobers and she was sneezing. While she ate, she sounded congested.

Saturday morning, she wasn't better, so I wrestled the 5 lb mini-beast into the cat carrier and we set off for the Vet.

They did the temp, listened to her chest, etc.

Diagnosis: beginning stages of pneumonia.

Princess is on meds, which she HATES and I have the scratches on my arms and legs to prove it! (Thank goodness she is front declawed!)

Still, she is sick and knows it.

This fiercely independent, always-in-charge, 5 lb bundle of pure biatchiness who kept 80-lb Juno in line along with every other cat here, has regressed into wanting nothing more than her mama --> ME!

As I type this one-handed, Princess sleeps on my lap. It was like this all weekend. Wherever I sat, she was right on me. In bed, she is near my neck. When I made dinner, she sat on the island watching. While we ate at the table, she contentedly slept on my lap.

Princess is sick and doesn't want to be in charge. Like other sick little girls, she just wants to be babied. By her mama.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011