weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Why is the media so quiet lately?
Bush administration pays actors to pose as TV journalists
"But the production company, Home Front Communications, said it had hired Ryan to read a script prepared by the government."

This is important because it is illegal to use federal money for "'publicity or propaganda purposes' not authorized by Congress."

Maybe the media isn't jumping onboard the story because many of them, including at least one of my local affiliates, was completely duped and they will look stupid? (You know, that little journalist credibility thingy called, "checking and rechecking sources.")

Howard Stern predicts his broadcast demise
I realize that Howard's show is, at times, raunchy, but when I don't like it, I TURN THE DIAL!

What Howard has is WORDS. Evidently, that is "indecent," although there is this little slip of paper that a few guys wrote up a couple hundred years ago that specifically allows freedom of speech?

We, the people, need to be "protected" from it!

STEPFORD!

I find Howard's sex talk far, far less offensive than the OUTRIGHT LIES I regularly hear on Fox News and CSPAN! Or even the election ads now playing on every damn network!

How ironic that titillating talk can face stiff fines (pardon the pun) from the FCC, but being dishonest is OK.

Now it is the sex talk...next it could be dissenting the government.

Slippery slope.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011