THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Wednesday, March 03, 2004
Thanks, Lulu! Actually, I did EXACTLY that when I walked in yesterday, but found out my boss' sister's REAL problem. It isn't me, either. She goes in for surgery in two weeks. They think it might be uterine cancer. She's 75 and this would be her second bout with cancer.
So, I let it ride. My boss thought his sister already told me. He joked that I am offended too easily. I nicely replied that I'm not, but I don't take criticism about my job performance well, since I am NOT being trained and I know more about the computer systems in a month than he does after 16 years! His sister was initially trained on one program, but there are 3 more that she is clueless about! Not exactly Arbor-thorough training!
For example, later, my boss gave me a challenge to find a part in the computer system. Why? Because HE couldn't find it. Instead of him knowing where it was and being able to help me, which would have been PROPER training. What he was hoping for was I would find it and train HIM.
And when his sister came back in, he did speak with her. Then she was MUCH better.