THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, March 28, 2004
Justice for all Charles, who is the special guest blogger over on "The 19th Floor," wrote about his jury duty experience in New York.
I can't understand it...I am 33 years old and have NEVER been called for jury service! This PISSES me off to no end! I have lived in 5 Michigan counties (**UPDATED: 7 Michigan counties** I missed a few.) since I turned 18 and always kept registered. My husband has been summoned twice since we met 9 years ago!
Michigan no longer has people register because so many were NOT doing the deed. Instead, the jury lottery is supposed to go by driver's license/ID card.
Still, I have never received The Summons. With part-time employment, kids too old for childcare, etc., I wouldn't even feel right to ask for my "pay/reimbursement."
Especially when I think jury service, like voting, is my civic duty AND a privilege!
Secret phrase for today: Schmitz. Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
3/28/2004 12:05:00 PM