weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Just when I thought I was getting into the swing of this new job...

NOPE!

I'm not properly trained and it gets frustrating. The owner doesn't know much. So, last night, I stopped by the shop to chat with the month-end bookkeeper (the owner's sister) about a few questions.

She was nice, but let me know she thinks I'm an idiot. LOTS of mistakes were made. "I thought you had bookkeeping experience!"

First off, I DID NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION!

I have PLENTY of computer experience, but NOT with their 1987 computer system. Payments must be entered in 3 places on their programs. I cannot even call the company and get walked thru properly because THEY DON'T KNOW IT EITHER!

I am not being trained and the outdated manual that I do have says, "FOR REFERENCE, MUST BE USED WITH PRO TRAINING."

PRO TRAINING is the 1 week course I need to take down at headquarters. It costs $2500 AND we would have to have the new $30,000 puter system.

The bookkeeper said"you have to do this." I explained I didn't know what she was talking about...where was that function? She ranted on and I had to repeat my request two more times that she SHOW me what she meant. Know what? She just did it instead. I wasn't shown in a nice manner.

"Michelle knew how to do it." Well deary, MICHELLE WALKED OUT MORE THAN A MONTH AGO WITHOUT WARNING! YOU TRAINED MICHELLE FOR SEVERAL YEARS! MICHELLE ISN'T EVEN RETURNING YOUR PHONE CALLS!

Can you tell my attitude sucks today?


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011