THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Saturday, March 13, 2004
The Anti-Popcorn Movie Munchkin and I went to see "The Passions of the Christ." The lady two seats down from me started crying mere minutes into the movie. Not just sniff-sniff, she had a BOX of Kleenex, sobbed and BLEW her nose. REPEATEDLY.
I quit eating the bag of popcorn about 30 minutes into the show. It was pretty gross with the blood and VERY GRAPHIC whippings. Thankfully, I had already finished my box of Junior Mints.
It was quite impressive that the actors carried off the language with much ease. (Just wondering...if it gets nominated for an Oscar, will it fall into the Best Picture or Best Foreign Picture...all those subtitles!)
Is it anti-Semitic? IMHO, no more than the bible or most religions on Judiasm.
I have huge problems with accepting The Bible for many reason, some of which I will discuss.
1. It was written by man. "God's word"? I know that argument. Humans are prone to exaggeration and nobody can truly VERIFY the stories. What if Jason Blair (a few lifetimes ago) was God's ghostwriter?
2. It was translated by man. Verbatim often doesn't make sense, so adjustments have been made.
3. Catholics have their OWN bible. Of course, that MUST be the truth. LOLOL
Honestly, "The Passions of the Christ" boils down to one thing...IT IS JUST HOLLYWOOD! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
3/13/2004 11:31:00 PM