weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

And everyone lived...
Friday night, we met my parents at 7:30 for dinner at a steakhouse. My father insisted on treating us.

Luckily, we had gotten there about 6:30, so I put our name on the LONG waiting list. Five, for smoking. My parents showed up about 7:15 and were shocked at the wait. DOH!

They were relieved when I told them we would be seated in a few minutes in the SMOKING section. My dad was pretty happy about that detail. Our name was called about 10 minutes later.

Dinner was delicious. I ordered prime rib and a sweet potato. The waitress brought me a 2 lb. monster sweet potato! No kidding, people were walking by and commenting on the huge tater! I ate the WHOLE thing, sans butter.

We all chatted up a storm; my dad just LOVES talking with my husband. My father respects him. (I'm still betting there is a little fear there, too.)

I made sure to thank my parents profusely for the delicious meal. I know how much my father likes to be thanked. And thanked and thanked. No kidding, you can tell he doesn't believe someone is appreciative until after the 5th or 6th time. As I drove home, my husband said, "I've always thought you go overboard thanking everybody, but now I see why you do!"

In my opinion, my husband doesn't express his gratitude near enough. teehee

Munchkin spent the weekend at their house. I picked her up Sunday afternoon, taking a gift for my mother. I made her a gorgeous turquoise and silver diabetic bracelet. She was surprised and impressed. "Where did you find this? It's really nice!"

"I hoped you'd like it. I made it myself."
"You have talent." And she put it right on her wrist.

Yesterday, they received the hand-written thank you card I sent on Saturday. A nice touch.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011