weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Monday, February 23, 2004

Yep, I watched the series finale of "Sex and the City" last night!

Not many people know that I fell in love with SATC in its first season, before it went OH LALA! Shortly after, I discovered the "Ask the Sex Coach" message board over on iVillage and a few months later, worked with iVillage to start a peer sex board (which is still one of the most popular today. I left my duties in 2002, knowing it was time to move on and in very capable hands. Thanks, Lynnie, Tally, Michelle and Kat!) SATC was kind of like homework. lolol Pretty pathetic rationalizing. (I quit watching when we moved in later 2000.)

To be honest, I mostly loved SATC for showing 4 strong, yet morally different women as friends. Not as dimwits, like the show, "Friends."

Last night's SATC finale was icing on the cake. Carrie finally saw herself as important. Then, after getting her best 3 girlfriends' (grudging) approval, "Bring our girl home!" BIG--The Love Of Her Life, came half-way 'round the world for HER.

It wasn't all sappy, even when BIG finally confessed that Carrie she was "The One." In Paris, no less! It wasn't "romantic" in Harlequin-sense, but it was perfect COMMON sense!

What woman WOULDN'T want to hear that from the man she has always loved and can't get out of her heart, but never expected to have on HER terms?

So, Carrie moved back to New York and got her man. And most importantly, proving that "happily ever after" in real life doesn't just involve a man, she was back with her 3 best girlfriends.

How better to end a show?


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011