weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

The other day, my husband made a HUGE breakfast for just the two of us. Far more than we could ever eat. I really hate that! He knows I'm not big on breakfast.

As we sat there looking at the plate of leftover food, I said, "I sure do miss Sim! Man, he loved cleaning up for us."

My husband said, "I miss BOTH of the dogs."

"I don't."

"C'mon, be nice! Juno was a pretty good dog."

"No, he wasn't and if YOU dealt with him like you were supposed to, YOU would feel the same way! I had nightmares about that dog, I had constant migraines because of him. My stomach was in knots every day because I knew he was too vicious and he couldn't be changed! I don't feel badly for putting him down, I feel bad that his dominance might have shortened Sim's life."

"He wasn't THAT bad and you know it!"

"HE TRIED TO KILL THE DOG TRAINER! AND HIS SIBLINGS ARE JUST AS BAD!" Oh, I was getting mad!

We sat in silence for a few moments, then my husband spoke. "Think Whine-stein will eat this?"

Whine-stein was shut away in Munchkin's room, still recovering from his near-death, slightly frostbitten adventure the week before. That cat eats whatever you put in front of him...veggies, meat, etc. The fervor of his appetite always reminds me of The Last Supper.

We let the Whiner out and he gobbled a slice of bacon, a sausage link and some stacked pancakes with syrup. The other cats watched him like he was a freak. He ate and ate and ate. Then stumbled back into Munchkin's room and slept.

He's our pretend dog.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011