THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Friday, February 20, 2004
Just about everyone has heard the controversy over Mel Gibson's new movie, "The Passions of the Christ." Now, Gibson's dad is opening his mouth, and people are shocked by his views of the holocaust.
Now, I don't believe anyone should be castigated for a relative's view, and I don't think less of Gibson for his father's beliefs.
After a bit of research, though, I have serious doubts about Gibson because of his own words and actions.
Strangely enough, this man who advocates gratuitous violence, lying and cheating, not to mention: PREGNANCY OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE (insert horrified Catholic nun here), in his movies -- think "Payback" and "Lethal Weapon 4"-- he chooses to further his career, doesn't find THAT contradictory to Catholicism? How about his admitted alcohol and drug issues?
Then again, that is probably why he started his own church...to bypass such issues. Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
2/20/2004 06:20:00 AM