weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Saturday, January 17, 2004

This morning, I had to run some errands in our mini-snowstorm. The conditions were quite slick, so I nixed a few places.

My husband needed propane for the barn heater, so I stopped at the family-owned hardware along the way to fill the tank.

The cashiers are quite chatty, so as the guy in front of me was receiving his change for 2 bags of sand being loaded into his vehicle by the guy on outdoor duty, the gal told him, "Be careful out there. Those roads are slippery!"

Ah, his male ego kicked in, of course. "I don't care, I have a 4-wheel drive!"

As the cashier looked at me, she rolled her eyes. I snickered and said, "That may save you when you need to get out of the ditch you slid into, but it won't help when an oncoming car hydroplanes into your lane when you are speeding!"

He gave me a dirty look as he sauntered out the door. The cashier started laughing as we watched him get into an F-150 pickup parked right outside the doors, in the NO PARKING ZONE at the lot's entrance.

Not exactly a smart place to park and those 2 bags of sand in the back sure won't help much. But hey, he has 4-wheel drive, right?


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011