weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Saturday, January 24, 2004

Sometimes it is incredibly hard to LIKE, let alone LOVE, my stepson.

He is constantly lying. Even worse, he often convinces himself of his lies. Forget the fact that multiple people can dispel his statements, that won't work on him! In fact, that makes him believe everyone is ganging up on him.

At the age of 13, he is a "star athlete." Last spring, he whined when I made him walk to the little store 3 blocks away and it made his "feet hurt." His mother took him to a "sports medicine" chiropractor and a podiatrist. It was a major thing for a week, when the results came back and NOTHING was wrong, except he needed to wear "special" shoe inserts, which the podiatrist tried to sell for several hundred dollars. They were nixed. The next week, he was FINE and wanting to join track! He dropped out of football after just 3 weeks because his "knee hurt" during practice. Mind you, he was FINE when he played in a game, but he wanted to skip practices. That led to another round of specialists and out-of-the-air diagnoses by his mother and chiropractor friends, until a REAL sports medicine doctor said, "Nothing wrong. He to needs exercise!"

At the age of 13, he is a "master electrician." This kid claims he has wired hospitals, govt. buildings, banks and grocery stores, while his stepdad watched. Not only would this be dangerous, but it is HIGHLY illegal in our state and I hate hearing this kind of talk while walking through WalMart. Somebody could actually BELIEVE him in those few minutes and cause a load of grief for his stepdad, when, at the most, my stepson merely rode along while his stepdad did a few minor job-related tasks. The lies could cost his stepdad his electrician's license!

It is scary!

The "voices in his head" are pretty much freaking me out today! My husband talked with him last night and once again, I am the ogre.

How dare I expect him to help with clearing the table and putting away the dishes...he does that at his mother's every night!

He is mad at me because he KNOWS (but nobody told him) I am responsible for him not spending the night at his girlfriend's house this weekend. Oh, she is his FRIEND! And he is "a friend of her younger brother!" Munchkin filled me in on a few details, THANK GOD! When I told my husband, it got really ugly. He was in denial about being 13 and his son's hormones, until he chatted with a few younger coworkers. Then, he called his clueless Xwife and spoke with her. He swears NOTHING was mentioned about the info I gave him (like the makeout sessions at her house and copping a feel under the girl's shirt!)

Supposedly, I have been speaking with his teachers. I haven't. Who told him this? NOBODY, he just KNOWS! (Unbeknownst to him, two nights ago, I did call his school's automated homework hotline, which is listed on their Web site and found out that he lied about a huge project due. It was a recording, not a live voice.)

What my husband was able to gleen last night is he doesn't want to come down here because of what he has been saying about me to his teachers. I am sure they think I am an ogre, since he admitted to making up stories about me to them. This is news to me!

OF COURSE, he didn't "lie," he just doesn't tell the truth, like if he doesn't get an assignment done, I supposedly wouldn't let him work on it. HUH? We see him every other weekend, NOT school nights, so how could I have a say on him not doing Tuesday night's math sheet?

OF COURSE, my stepson will never say, "I was wrong." NEVER!!! Instead, he uses, "Well, I thought..." because DUH...he knows it all! Likewise, a simple apology comes every blue moon. These are common traits of his mother AND father.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011