weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Friday, January 23, 2004

David and Goliath. My husband's Excursion is a diesel. The temps here have been bitterly cold. Last night, the wind chill put us at -15.

We have a new pole barn that can easily fit 4 vehicles. I am not big on parking in it, so he parked our conversion van in front of one door. Every night, I nag him about plugging in his truck and/or putting it in the huge garage. Sometimes, he does.

Most mornings, I am nice and go out to start the Excursion by 5 a.m., so it can be toasty warm when he sits down...seat warmers, dual climate control, you know.

This morning, I let him do it. It was Friday, one day a week won't kill him!

His truck was DEAD. Frozen Goliath. He had been too lazy to open the garage door and park in there, then he never plugged it into the outlet! For some reason, he was FURIOUS with the gas station, Weather.com, etc.!

I went out and turned the key on my 8-year-old Jeep. VROOM! YAY! My girl never seizes to amaze me.

Goliath needed to be thawed, so at 6:15 a.m., I was out warming up my girl, "David."

Fifteen minutes later, "David" was slowly pushing Goliath into the pole barn. The effort was a bit tedious because of the winches on the front of the truck, which could have destroyed my bumper. With maneuvering the tight fit through the garage door and keeping the large piece of cardboard btwn the bumpers, "slow" was the key element. I was behind the wheel, so patience was not lost.

Then, it was off to work I go, while my husband had some running to do to make sure Goliath thawed properly. Thankfully, I keep insurance coverage on the conversion van, so he had a nice vehicle for his errands.

David and Goliath 2004 version.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011