THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Tuesday, April 15, 2003
This or That 1. File taxes as early as possible, or wait until the last possible minute? EARLY! I did them the old-fashioned way and although we did not get everything until Feb. 1, they were all sent out less than a week later and we had our refund deposited 4 weeks later.
2. File electronically, or mail paper forms? Paper forms.
3. Prepare your own taxes, or have someone do it for you? I do them myself.
4. Are you a saver or a spender? I love to save, but bills force me to spend.
5. Do you prefer to carry cash, or pay with plastic (credit/debit cards), or by check? PLASTIC...bank card.
6. You're broke and desperately need a job, but the only places that are hiring are retail or fast food places. Which would you pick? Retail. I hate stinking like food after a long day at work (Little Ceasars experience here.)
7. Keeping track of your money: are you more meticulous or careless about it? Most people think I am careless because it is not in a wallet in my purse, but I am pretty good about it.
8. What do you do if you find yourself with a lot of change weighing down your purse/pocket/wallet? Do you try to spend it to *get rid of it*, or do you put it in a jar or a piggy bank? I have a silver jar and a penny jar. My bank has a free counting machine and no longer accepts ROLLED coins, so I like to take in a jar once in a while.
9. Which form of fake money do you like better...Monopoly money or those chocolate coins covered with gold foil? I prefer anything chocolate!
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You find a wallet containing $5,000 in cash, as well as several credit cards and the owner's drivers' license. Your rent is due tomorrow and you're short $200. Do you take the money (some or all of it) and mail back the wallet anonymously...or do you return the wallet with all contents intact? A thief is a thief and I am NOT a thief, not even to get out of debt. Not even anonymously. I used to turn in found bottle slips, but I know that MANY store employees will dishonestly cash them in themselves. Now, I try to find the owner, unless I know the store or a specific worker well. (I have been known to stand by the registers/customer service for 30 minutes, watching for the person hunting for their bottle slip and giving it back.) Otherwise, I will cash them in and donate ALL of the money. Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
4/15/2003 06:37:00 AM