THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, April 27, 2003
THIS JUST IN...
My mother has Type II Diabetes, regulated with diet, exercise and pills. She has lost about 50 lbs. and looks good, except for her weird LONG white-grey-black hair. I have NEVER seen my mother so thin in all of my life! She's probably about 175 lbs now!!! (She's only 5 ft tall.)
Guess her years of being overweight, having high blood pressure (that she refused to properly medicate), smoking and lack of exercise have caught up with her. Sad, but at least this put the fear into her to take better care of her body!
I spontaneously commented her on looking so good, "You really have lost weight!" I didn't know about the diabetes. She replied, "Well, I didn't get here by choice!" OK... Then she changed the subject.
In the van, Munchkin told us about the diabetes. (You realize how LITTLE I actually know about diseases that run in my family?!!? GEEEEEEEEZ! Diabetes is a pretty important diagnosis to share with your children!)
Rick told me he was shocked that I complimented my mother. And proud, even if we both know that she didn't accept my words well. Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
4/27/2003 02:19:00 PM