THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Thursday, April 17, 2003
Dr. Atkins died today.
Soon to come (research pending): The Atkin's DIRT Diet...sure to leave you skin-and-bones thin!
I am not a believer in fad diets, like the Atkin's Diet. People go on them thinking, OH HOW EASY! QUICK FIX! EAT WHAT I LOVE! etc.
The big problem isn't that they lose interest in it (menus get BORING, banned foods tempt 24/7), but that they lost weight so fast and did NOT learn to eat healthy: natural foods, smaller portions, etc. They did not exercise.
Instead, they were continuing their gluttony and laziness.
I know several DOZEN people who have tried the Atkin's Diet. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS HEAVIER TODAY!!! NONE made it past 3 months, not even the steak-bacon-burger lovers.
Of course, they were shocked at how quickly the pounds packed on when they started eating again. With the Atkin's dieters, they continued to eat what the diet suggested, but added in the banned foods, like bread and potatoes. WHAMMO!
I know how easy it can be to gain weight. I also know that, to a SMALL percentage, weight problems can be hereditary, but that can still be combatted with exercise and watching what you eat.
A little trick I use occasionally without guilt: eat dessert first.
I did that yesterday. Had a large slice of delicious chocolate cake. Then went to lunch with Gusto and her boss. Ate 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwich, didn't even order the fries. No dieting, I ate what I wanted and I was filled up.
My routine doesn't claim fast and easy weight loss, or have a cutesy name. There won't be guidebooks or specialty snacks. There won't be "point systems," lists of banned foods and nasty side effect warnings, like dragon breath and fatigue.
It probably could be simply called: "Common Sense." Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
4/17/2003 11:20:00 PM