THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Sunday, January 19, 2003
Yesterday, I realized that I have a good handle on my messiness.
The phone rang at 9 a.m. while I was reading the newspaper online.
"Hi! You guys going to be home today? Feel like getting a hot dog?" It was my sister-in-law, who said they needed to get away from home and wanted to come visit for the day with their kids. YAY! We'd see them about noon.
I went to survey the house. Not too bad. Not too long ago, I would have had a nervous breakdown at company in 3 hours, but now, I don't even get into bitch-mode. Munchkin was told to focus on her room, my husband didn't get out of bed until 10. I was on my own.
BIG PICTURE: laundry, dishes, vacuuming. I threw in a load of laundry, then focused on the kitchen. Then, I threw the wash into the dryer, put in another load and vacuumed. Finally, I picked up anything that didn't belong and put it in my bedroom. Funny thing was, that pile was tiny and the house looked and smelled damn good! At 10 a.m., I went in and took a shower and washed my hair.
While bathing, I made a mental list of smaller projects: clean the kid's bathroom and litter boxes, fill the candy machines, straighten the shoes, fold laundry and start my last load. I still felt energized, not stressed.
A few minutes before noon, I had completed that list and again, began making up new tasks. While my husband took the garbage out and went to the little store for soda, I made our bed and put away the laundry.
My inlaws pulled in our drive a minute before R got back and they came in the house together. I had my most gracious smile on and truly FELT happy, not just about their visit.
Deep inside, I was proud to know that I had made a significant change in my life, without driving myself, and everyone else, crazy in the process! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
1/19/2003 12:19:00 PM