THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Tuesday, January 07, 2003
This or That 1. "Time" or "Newsweek"? Newsweek, I have had a subscription for several years now. Good bathroom reading!
2. "Wall Street Journal" or "National Enquirer"? WSJ, at least, typically has NAMED sources for their stories.
3. "Sports Illustrated" or "Cook's Illustrated"? Neither, but I LOVE the "Taste of Home" magazine. My mother-in-law got me a 2-year subscription in 2001 for my bday. Too cool! (For those not familiar, they have pics of almost all the recipes AND there are NO ADS!)
4. "Martha Stewart Living" or "MAD Magazine"? I never figured out the "inside joke" of MAD Magazine, so it won't get my vote. Of course, I doubt anyone 1/2-way normal could figure out much in Martha's mag, either. Do REAL people REALLY have the time for her crap?
5. "Cosmopolitan" or "Maxim"? Maxim, because Cosmo is 269 pages of the recycled "10 secrets to pleasing your man" and "why you should hate men." Maxim also has a MUCH better sense of humor.
6. "People" or "Entertainment Weekly"? People.
7. "National Geographic" or "Readers Digest"? Readers Digest, I love the human-interest stories and funnies.
8. "Good Housekeeping" or "Popular Mechanics"? Neither, yaaaaaaaaawn.
9. "PC World" or "MacWorld"? PC World is yet another subscription that makes good potty reading. YUCK to Macs! (Including Big Macs!)
10. "Southern Living" or "Yankee" (magazine about New England living)? Neither. I'd rather visit Lulu in Atlanta for the REAL thing! Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
1/07/2003 07:47:00 PM