THIS IS MY BLOG! It will contain whatever *I* want to say. Remember, you are a GUEST. If you have some mental problem with my topics, words or personality, I suggest you click off my site and find something better to do on the Web.
Play nicely, or I will advertise your logged IP here for spammers to catch, along with banning it.
Gimmicks
Tuesday, January 28, 2003
Same Thing, Different Names 1. Kleenex or tissue? Tissue. I used to say Kleenex, but 5 years with Gusto changed that long ago!
2. Soda or pop (or tonic or whatever)? Soda, although most people here say, "Pop."
3. A sandwich on a long roll: sub or hero (or hoagie or grinder, etc)? Sub.
4. Glasses or spectacles? Glasses.
5. TV or television (or boob-tube, or telly, for our friends across the pond)? Telebitchin' or TV.
6. Movie or film? Movie. Film is for antiquated cameras, like 35mm.
7. Sofa or couch? Couch.
8. Stove or range? Stove. The "range" is where my husband shoots his gun.
9. Remote control or clicker? Neither. I call it, "That Damn Thing" because it is usually a mad search to find either of them. We could use an alarm, but then again, we have so many remotes, including 3 for our couch and recliner, that it would be a moot effort.
10. Supermarket or grocery store? Neither. I tend to use the store's name, which lets everyone in on which direction I am going. If I have a few places to hit, like WalMart and Meijer and Kroger, etc. I just simply say, "The Store." Sunshine - Walking on Sunshine -
1/28/2003 04:53:00 PM