weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Thursday, January 02, 2003

It wasn't exactly a New Year's resolution...I started this before Christmas.

After dropping K off at my mom's (today until Saturday at noon), I be-bopped a bit out of my way and stopped in to see my brother at work. During our first conversation, he told me how my mom is holding his birth certificate hostage, first claiming she gave it to him, then saying it is packed away in her attic (great place, brainiac!)

Not sure exactly where he was born, I called him yesterday. Weird thing is, HE doesn't know where he was born...just the state, NOT the city, NOT the county, NOT THE HOSPITAL NAME! Is that bizarre or what?!!? I kinda thought I remembered my mom saying it was a Catholic hospital (with nonsympathic nuns), but he couldn't confirm it. Dang, that is REALLY weird to me.

So, I printed out the 2 different counties birth certificate applications, upping his 50/50 chance, so he will win either way. Gave him the pages along with a stamped envelope and a money order to cover it. He was so surprised and QUITE thrilled! I know he has helped out so many people over the years and never even gotten a verbal Thank You, so I told him this is my way of giving him what he has given others.

All that AND we went to lunch. You know, I don't care if he never comes to see me or doesn't call out of the blue, as long as he doesn't mind my presence in his life, I will be completely happy with our relationship. Just as long as he knows he is NOT alone in this world.

Tux is getting fixed and declawed today. Gosh, I am so worried that he won't be my little "mama's boy" ever again! Gonna pick him up from the vet tomorrow right at 9 a.m. and love him all weekend. POOR BOY! But, he started spraying 3 weeks ago (but NEVER on MY stuff!) and he has torn up WAY too much carpeting. He sassily refused to use the scratching post or claw runner, he much preferred the carpet and our new furniture, but I still hated to do it. I called the vet the week before Christmas and this was the earliest they could get him in. Only Dakota is left untouched, but he is SUCH a good boy, I doubt he will make that trip to the vet.


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011