weblog commenting
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Walking on sunshine. Always tacky.

Tuesday, August 13, 2002

I used to believe in capital punishment, but now I have to wonder.

Unfortunately, I don't believe in the system to implement it. Millions of dollars for the appeals process, a dozen or more years waiting and still, justice may never happen.

Metro Detroit is chattering about trying to put it to the voters. There have been too many police officers killed in the last few years, so it may be a specific death penalty. NOT for child molesters/abusers, serial rapists or even mass murderers, NOPE, this one would ONLY be for those convicted of murdering public safety employees: cops, firemen and EMT workers.

I have a REAL problem with this, I do believe they are tragedies, but what about those who rape and/or kill a child? What about child pornographers? Rapists of the elderly? Psychotic murderers? Drunk/drugged up drivers with suspended licenses that kill entire families?

I am sorry to say that I could not support limiting the death penalty to public safety workers. I want it to be "equal opportunity."

I believe there are MANY MANY people who should not have the right to live because of things they have done, like taking away the right to live from someone else (except for personal protection.) These people should NEVER walk in society again. These people should not have even simple comforts like mattresses, cable TV and family visits. And definitely NO cigarettes!

Let the pedophiles and rapists live naked in a room together. ENJOY!

And, yes, I have a former step-Uncle who is in prison for murder. Like Charles Manson, he has enjoyed infamy with the book written about him and the retelling of his gruesome and terrible deed in the news over the past three decades.

Disgusting. He should have been given capital punishment as he doled out: death by dismemberment. Unfortunately, he'd probably still be in appeals today, 20 years later, despite his admission of guilt.

That is NOT justice!


Copyright - WalkingOnSunshine 2001-2011